05 June 2010

A Difference of Opinion

My hubby and I got into a heated discussion today about something his friend is doing. Or more to the point, not doing. His friend is not attending his daughter's dance recital because he wants to stay home and watch the World Cup. I think that is such a selfish thing to do. Just DVR the game and go support your daughter. My husband thinks otherwise. J thinks his friend has a right to have a life of his own and not have to attend all of his daughter's activities. This blows my mind! As a parent, you should put your child first. Celebrate and support them in all of there special moments. You can't get those days back. My husband thinks that children need to learn disappointment and not be coddled all the time.

This, my friends, is why we don't have kids.

No comments: