11 December 2006

All I want for Christmas....

What do I want for Christmas? Everyone is asking me that. To be honest, I want nothing. Every year I make a list and hang it on my parent's fridge. It usually contains a few big items that I know I will not get (Chanel bag, Jimmy Choo shoes) and a few smaller items (gift certificates to book stores and restaurants.) Now, I still wouldn't mind getting any of these things, but it's okay if I didn't. This year I am more excited about seeing my godchildren enjoy Christmas. They are really starting to get into it. It is so much fun to see their little faces light up when they see all of the Christmas decorations. They each have a Christmas tree in their room. It's really cute. They also have a tree in their play room and a blowup Santa and Frosty in the backyard. When the wind blows, Santa and Frosty sway back and forth. The kids think they are dancing. This cracks them up! It has been so much fun to watch. I guess I am growing up. Christmas is not about presents anymore. It's about the time I am spending with family and the memories I am collecting that will last me a lifetime. There is no better present then that!

No comments: