09 December 2006

I Did It!

This was a long time coming! I did it, Marlo! You see what happens when I am left alone for hours with nothing to do? Saturdays are a drag. J is off rebuilding New Orleans and I am stuck at home trying to fill my time. Of course I could be cleaning and doing clothes, but that's not fun. What I really need to be doing is shopping for Christmas presents. I still have numerous gifts to buy and I have no idea what to get. When I buy presents for people, I try really hard to find something they will love. I want the gift to be sort of a surprise. I want it to be perfect. This year perfection will have to be inexpensive. I can no longer buy anything I want no matter the cost. HELLO MARRIED LIFE! Whew! I never realized how things would change. I was told that things would be different but I didn't realize how so. I can no longer think about 'me'. It is always 'we'. It's a challenge, but I think things are going really well. I can't wait until we can move into a house. Apartment living is no fun. We would love to invite friends and family over for dinner but there is not enough room. We don't even have enough room to put up our table. J and I eat on TV trays. How crazy is that? I need more room! Hopefully I will find a great job that will pay me an insane amount of money and maybe we will be in our new home this time next year. I can only hope!

No comments: