11 June 2007

Fade to Black

I was so prepared to write about how horrible the final episode of The Sopranos was last night, but this morning I changed my mind. After yelling at the television for about 5 minutes and complaining about the lack of a resolution, I went to bed last night extremely disappointed. However, I have a different take on it this morning. I've read countless reviews and discussion boards and I now think it was a very clever ending. How many people were anxiously waiting for a gun shot or the restaurant to explode? Who thought that the Feds would burst through the door and take Tony away? The suspense of it all was crazy. I was sitting at the edge of my seat. Then, BLACK! It all went to black. If this scene was shot from Tony's point of view then he must be dead. It went black because he was killed and his "light" went out. Clever! If that is not what happened then I don't know what to tell you. I guess it will be a debate for some time to come.

No comments: