01 March 2008

From Boys to Men

I am old. I am much older than I feel or than I think I am. It's sad really, to one day realize that you are not that young adult you once were. You are now a fully grown adult woman. Sigh! Oh, yesteryear. How I've missed you!
This realization hit me like a ton of bricks one day at work this week. Little Miss K, who is a young college student, is a part time worker at my job. She is really cute, sweet and quiet. I very rarely hear her speak, much less see her become giddy with excitement. Well, that all changed on Thursday. Miss K was all a tither when she saw that a visiting college baseball team was staying at the hotel next to our building. I had the perfect view of their comings and goings, so I invited her to sit down and watch them through the office window. She was all smiles! As I was looking out through the window it hit me, I'm too old for this! Those were little boys out there! The way I viewed them changed. Something shifted. No longer was I the giddy girl fawning over college boys. Their appeal.... gone. However, something did peak my interest.
I turned to Miss K and said, "I'm sorry, but those boys are too young for me to look at, but their coach is kinda cute."

No comments: