08 April 2008

I miss my ZZZZZZ's

It is 1:06 early Tuesday morning and I can't sleep. In the last 3 days I may have slept a total of 7 hours. Why is this you ask? Well the answer is I am sick with bronchitis and the cough medicine is keeping we awake. I am on my third prescription and nothing has changed. I have even taken this super concentrated liquid that suppose to knock me out for hours. I was warned by my doctor that this would be in my system for 12 hours so I should go to bed as soon as I take it to sleep it off. Well, that didn't happen. I slept 2 hours that night. I am not even sleepy to be honest, but it is making me kind of loopy. I took half of a Xanax a little over an hour ago to see if that may help me, but so for it has not. I don't know how I will be able to go to work tomorrow. I have a 9 hour day that does not end until 6.
You know, it may not be just the cough syrup that is keeping me awake. It may be the combination of the cortisone shot, antibiotics, cough medicine, AND the Adderall! Whatever it is it sucks! I pray that I can get at least 5 hours of sleep tonight. That's all that I am asking for. Oh wait, that won't happen! I would have to fall asleep in the next 30 minutes. Okay, I will shoot for 3 hours. My fingers are crossed.

*UPDATE* I didn't fall asleep until 5 in the morning! J called my boss to let her know what was going on and I didn't have to go into work until noon. Whew! That night I slept for 7 hours. Boy did I need it. I am starting to feel much better. I still can't breathe through my nose, but I am definitely on the mend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, I am so glad you have this blog, since we don't get to talk ever!!! I am sorry you are sick. Are you feeling better any? I also read the moving to Texas one, what's the latest on that. Please call me when you get a minute.

I miss you.
marlo

Anonymous said...

Corisone shots make me crazy! I can't sleep for at least 2 nights following one. Last time I went in for a shot, I actually told the doctor about the problem and he gave me enough Lunesta for 4 days. Cough syrup does wire me but I bet it's the shot. Glad to hear you're feeling better.

Love,
Allie