30 May 2009

Lucky


I'm lucky. I know I'm lucky. Yes I would like a higher paying job and a new house, but I am so thankful for what I have.

My husband, J, is a wonderful man. He works hard and is such a comfort in stressful situations. He's had struggles in his life and could have taken the easy way out, but he didn't. Right now J is seriously grieving the loss of his mother. I wish I could take his heartache away. I want to scoop him up and protect him from the weight of his pain. But I can't. It's hard to watch someone you love suffer and not be able to do much about it. I listen to him. I comfort him. I hold him. Hopefully it helps to some degree. I want to be a pillar of strength for him, like he is for me.

J is my rock. He makes me feel strong, beautiful, smart, and funny. I am so thankful that he is in my life.

Like I said, I'm lucky.

No comments: