27 May 2007

July, get here already!

July is going to be an amazing month for me. Big Brother will premiere on July 5Th. I cannot hardly wait! This summer BB will have new producers and a fresher format. It is suppose to be the best season yet. I heard a rumor that Will and Janelle will be back as house father and mother. I hope not! As much as I love them, three seasons would be too much for the whispering duo!
On July 11Th, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix will hit the big screen. OotP is my favorite book of the series and I hope the movie version is just as good. On opening night, J and I went to the midnight showing of Goblet of Fire and did not get home until after 3 am. I don't think we will do that this time.Instead, we will get tickets to see it at the Imax. The last 20 minutes of the movie will be shown in 3-D. Fantastic!
Now, last but not least, the greatest date of July will be the 21st. On this date, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows will be released. Deathly Hallows is the final book in the seven book series. Everything will come to an end. All of the questions will be answered. It is such a bittersweet feeling. On one hand I am really excited to see how it ends, but on the other hand I am very sad that there will be no more books. You see,the Harry Potter books are what helped me through my last couple of years of college. It was my escape from all of the madness of research papers, book reports, and exams. HP helped me to clear my mind and relax. Since then, I have reread the series at least nine times. Every time a new book is published, I go back and reread the others to see the clues that I've missed. Or if there is nothing to do, I pick up a book and start reading. It never gets old for me. It's like spending time with an old friend. Nothing beats it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope reading Harry Potter is not better than hanging out with a certain old friend (me)- reese..heehee