06 May 2007

Just catching up

Last week I substituted for my friend L while she was at a teachers conference in Vegas. I had a really wonderful experience. The kids at that school were bright and respectful. A complete change from the last school I substituted for. I will be back at the "good" school for seven days starting at the end of this week. I am really looking forward to it.
I didn't get the opportunity to teach the first grade class last week because I fell and bruised my back. I went to the doctor and he ordered x-rays to make sure I didn't break anything. Luckily I only had deep tissue bruising. I have been in bed since Wednesday night. Thankfully the muscle relaxers and pain pills are doing the trick. Today is the day I venture out into the sunlight. The family is getting together at my Grandmothers house to watch the Fireman's Fair Parade. It is the first time we are all together since my Grandfather died. I think it will be nice to see everyone.
I may be on my way to getting a new job. Friday I had a phone interview that I think went very well. All I have left to do is the face to face interview. I should be getting the call this week to schedule it. I am really excited! I hope that everything goes well.
All in all, things have been going okay. I will try to blog more and fill everyone in on whats happening. Hopefully I will have a new job the next time I post.
Wish Me Luck!

No comments: