31 July 2007

I've fallen and I can't get up!

If I didn't have bad luck then I would have no luck at all. Today I fell at work and severely sprained my ankle. Now, this was a freak accident. I pretty much have a desk type job, so I am sitting for most of the day. It just goes to show you that accidents can happen anywhere and at any time. My boss thought my ankle was broken and I have to say, I thought so too. I actually heard a crunching sound when it happened. My whole foot started to swell immediately and a huge egg formed above my ankle. I was brought to the doctor and x-rays were taken. Thankfully it was not broken! However, everyone tells me that a sprain like mine is much worse than a broken bone. I don't see how that's possible, but I will take their word for it. So, I am in a splint for several days and I will not be released to go back to work until Friday. In the mean time, I have to stay off my feet, elevate my ankle, and keep ice on it for the next 3 days. This is soooo not fun! Hopefully the pain will subside soon and I will be back to normal. Well, as normal as I can possibly get!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

It is so true. A sprain hurts a lot more than a broken ankle. The same thing happened to me right before your wedding. At the emergency room they told me they knew it was a sprain because I couldn't walk on it. If it had been broken, I would have been able to wobble in. Didn't make much sence to me, but it's the truth. Maybe we have some kind of curse on our family like the Kennedy's or something (haha). Hope you feel better soon.
Courtney
www.chloepaige.blogspot.com
www.blainereed.blogspot.com