14 August 2007

Vanity

How many of you look at those glossy fashion/celebrity magazines and wish you looked like the people on the pages? I know I have from time to time. I guess it is kind of natural to compare ourselves to those we find attractive. As much as I know that no one is perfect, and that all those pictures in the magazines are retouched, I still find myself wishing I looked half as polished as these women. Well, today I came across a website for a professional retouching studio that shows before and after photos of celebrities that they have worked on. It is amazing how they can make a person appear at least 3 sizes smaller then their natural size! They can even add curves to people who are rail thin. I am embarrassed to admit that I enjoyed seeing the untouched photos. It made me smile to see that they looked like any other person off the street. Of course some are more naturally attractive then others, but that's life! I'm just happy to know that I'm not the only one with dark circles under my eyes. Yippee!
Anyway, if you want to check out these photos, and feel a little bit better about yourself in the process, go to www.iwanexstudio.com and click on portfolios. Just click on the little photos and drag the cursor over the picture. You will see the difference! Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow! it does make me feel a little better...that's just crazy how much of a difference it makes...there were only a couple of them who looked fairly flawless without the touchups.

hope you're doing well!..reese