30 August 2008

Hurricane Gustav and Beauty Queen VPs

I am sitting here praying that Hurricane Gustav will turn in another direction. Most of my family has evacuated to Arkansas, but I am staying near by. It would have been so hard to drive 12 hours with my two cats in the car. J is staying to take care of his saltwater fish. It is almost guaranteed that we will be without electricity for several days. I hope the generator he has as a back up will keep all of those fish alive. I will be at my parents house with Tabby, Sophie, and my Dad. He also has a generator, but he will use his to power the AC and refrigerator. Hopefully the house will not be unbearably hot for the day or so we will be without power (the generator cannot be turned on until the the worst of the storm is over.) I hate being hot! I can't sleep or get comfortable when it's hot. I have been through this before with other hurricanes and I am not looking forward to it. I will try to update more before Gustav hits. If not, I will write about it when it's all over with. Wish me luck!

On a side note, what is up with McCain's V.P. pick? This has to be a joke, right? I'm waiting for Ashton to tell us we are all being punked! Just because millions of women were excited about Hillary Clinton does not mean they will be excited about Palin. She is nothing like Hillary. Governor Palin is simply window dressing. Lets say McCain wins the election, then dies while in office, would you want Palin as your President? This is not an unreasonable question to ask. John McCain is 72 and in questionable health. How many cancer scares can he have before it's too late? This is all too much for me. Palin doesn't even know what the Vice President does! She said so in an interview. Okay, enough of this. I have to make sure my Obama/Biden sign is secure so that it wont fly away during the storm.

No comments: