28 December 2008

...5,4,3,2,1 Happy New Year!

2008 is almost over. This year has been such a roller coaster of ups and downs. But one thing I can say is that it flew by. Especially the last five months.
I think I can put this year into 2 categories: Before the Hurricane and After the Hurricane.
Before the Hurricane I had to deal with the possible move to Texas and the illness of my cat Tabby. Both were not pleasant and seemed to drag on forever! They were two of the most difficult times this year. However, both have been resolved and feel like a lifetime ago. I honestly forgot that Jorge spent any time in Texas. At the time that it was happening, it was all consuming. But now that I look back on it, it was not as bad as I thought and it does not even compare to other events that happened this year. Tabby's illness was a hell of a lot worse. My poor baby has been through a lot this year. She was poked and prodded and even took a strenuous trip to another state. But as I type this, she is laying next to me purring like crazy. Her health has improved 100% and she is as feisty as ever. Thank you Dr. Durocher!
Well, the worst of 2008 was probably the hurricane. The world stops when you get hit by a hurricane. Gustav started wrecking havoc during the last week in August. Lives got turned upside down. My family and I, pets included, evacuated to Little Rock for a week. The drive was slow and miserable. We were all nervous because we didn't know what we would return home to or if we would be able to return home at all. The worst part was hearing stories about the damage and destruction back home. How most of these stories got started, I don't know. We heard the worst of them. I am thankful that the majority of those stories were false. However, extensive destruction was done. We couldn't use the water for a month. Homes and businesses were destroyed. And the financial strain it put on all of us is still felt today. But something weird happened after the hurricane. Time seemed to disappear. The second half of 2008 has flown by! Maybe it was because the worst of it was over and all of the good, fun stuff started happening. I don't know, but I'm not the only one who feels this way. "Where has the year gone?" I hear this at least 3 times a week. It's like how your lunch hour is the shortest hour of the day. When things are good time seems so short, but when they are bad it drags on forever!
Well, my fun started and it is flying by. The NKOTB concert was so much fun. I hear they are coming back again in 2009. I will have to get my dancing shoes ready. New York was amazing! I cannot thank my cousin enough for that trip. We will have to get away more often. Disney with my family was one of the most incredible weeks of my life. It will always be something that I will look back on with great love and emotion.
So, 2009 has a lot to live up too. It will be a great year. I plan on continuing the fun that this year ended with. I know I will be with friends at the Britney concert. Jorge and I are trying to come up with a great new place for us to vacation. And most importantly, Bush will be out of office and Obama will be leading our country. That alone will guarantee that 2009 will be better than 2008!
Have a safe and happy New Year! See you in 2009!!!!!!!!

No comments: