24 March 2010

Books, Books, and More Books

I love to read. It's not often that I'm not reading something. Once upon a time, my bookshelves contained nothing but biographies and autobiographies. Books of history and political thrillers. I thought nothing could be as good as Jane Austen. But over the last couple of years, my bookshelves have been overflowing with something else entirely. Fantasy, Science Fiction,and YA have taken over my life. I've never, in a million years, thought I would be reading such books. I guess JK Rowling and a boy named Harry is to blame. Ever since I read the Harry Potter books, I have opened myself up to a whole new world. A world that has werewolves and vampires, fairies and dragons. And of course, witches and wizards. I love finding new books to dive in to. I just finished reading The Hunger Games and Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins. The third book in the trilogy comes out in the Fall and I can't wait to see how it ends. Another great trilogy is by Maggie Stiefvater. The first book, Shiver, is beyond fabulous. Linger comes out in 3 months and then lastly, Forever. Shiver is being made into a movie. Yay!!! Just like everyone knows the name Stephanie Meyer, they will know the name Maggie Stiefvater. Trust me.

No comments: