22 March 2010

Play Ball!!!

I've decided that I will start writing my blog at work. Why? Because they have blocked out all of my favorite sites and I'm rebelling. :0)

So, this weekend I went to Vampire Baseball in NOLA with my two cousins. It was so much fun! At first we were a little upset because there was only one "vampire" scheduled to play, but the wolf pack more than made up for the lack of Cullens.

Chaske Spencer, who plays alpha wolf Sam, was very sweet with the fans. He made sure to spend as much time as he could with everyone. He freely signed autographs (I have one!) and posed for pictures before, during, and after the game. I have a fantastic photo of him. I think we may have imprinted.

Alex Meraz, who plays hot tempered wolf Paul, is beyond yummy in person. He was a constant prankster. He really had a good time dancing and goofing around on the field. Alex also spent a lot of time with the fans. Everyone loved him. He very well may be husband #2.

Tyson Housman, who plays the wolf Quil, is so little. He looks like he's 12 years old. Tyson was kind of shy and didn't interact with the fans much, but he looked like he was having the time of his life.

Daniel Cudmore, who plays the Volturi vampire Felix, is very tall. He's 6'8"! He is also very good looking. He spent a lot of one-on-one time with the fans. Daniel made sure to say a few words to everyone who wanted autographs and pictures. I think that's sweet.

For all the True Blood fans out there, Nelsan Ellis was part of the game. Nelsan plays flamboyant fry chef Lafayette Reynolds. Poor Nelsan looked like he was nursing a pretty bad hangover. We heard that he and some of the guys partied it up the night before. He could barely run the bases, but he did give us a pretty fierce pose when we asked for a picture.

But I think the biggest fan favorite by far was New Orleans Saints kicker, Garrett Hartley. Garrett is adorable! You can tell he loved all of the attention because he was smiling from ear to ear the entire day. My cousin, Courtney, and I got a chance to talk with him for a bit while he signed a couple of footballs for us. He was extremely sweet and gracious. I hope Garrett stays in New Orleans for a while. It will be fun to see how he grows as a kicker.

No comments: