24 April 2007

No, I am not Chinese!

And I do not speak Chinese either! For some reason the kids at school thought I was Chinese. I am not Asian, nor do I look like it. It is amazing what children can come up with. Teachers deserve rock star type money. It takes all the patience in the world to deal with the multitude of personalities on a day to day bases. I taught the future leaders of the world. They were bright, polite, helpful, and sweet. I also "taught" the future law breakers. The pride they take in being destructive is mind blowing. I wish I could show them an alternative to the path they are on, but they would just shut their eyes. I am only two days in. How teachers manage nine months a year, every year, is beyond me. They deserve a pay raise!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's not as bad as it looks. Teachers do it for the sparkle in an eye when their students can find the object of the preposition or main idea in a paragraph. They do it because they get more hugs and love notes than any other profession put together. By the end of a school year, teachers know their students better than their own parents know them and can predict with a very high level of accuracy what they will do next in any given situation. Teachers love children for everything they are and are anxious to spend their time with them. Teachers are heroes and yes, they do deserve to be paid like rock stars.

Anonymous said...

I think that teachers do deserve to be paid more and that they do do it for the feeling they get when a student gets it. However, I do think that it is one of the hardest jobs next to being a parent. Teaching would not be as hard if parents did there jobs as consistently as the teachers do. Maybe parents should be held responsible and have to report to the state as teachers do. It is not worth it to all teachers to not get paid what they are worth when the bust there butts the way they do. This is why we loose so many great teachers. Anyway, thanks for letting me voice my opinion and vent a little for the underpaid, overworked, unappreciated teachers out there. You know not everyone works in an ideal situtation and a great school.