10 January 2007

Starbucks

I have been craving Starbucks for about 5 days now. J got up early Monday to get me a cup before he went to work. Before he left, I told him not to go because I was so tired that I didn't want to get up just then. So, he left for work and I didn't get my Starbucks fix. Last night after dinner, I told J I wanted a decaf mocha latte with whipped cream. He said okay and continued to watch tv. I didn't get it. Well, this morning I decided I would get up and go to Starbucks myself. I have been locked away in the apt long enough. So, I put on a pair of pants under my night gown and I put a coat on top. It was the first time in seven days that I put shoes on my feet! I couldn't wait to get my Latte. It felt soooo good outside! It was cool and the sun was out. I drove to Starbucks and got the biggest cup they had and added a blueberry scone to boot. I drove home with a smile on my face. I am finally feeling better and the smell of the coffee is glorious. I get home, unlock the door, and proceed to drop my coffee on the floor. I didn't even take one sip! I instantly started to cry. It took so much effort to get that coffee and it falls to the floor! I called J to tell him what happened. He spent the first five minutes trying to calm me down. He thought I got burned by the coffee. He told me to just leave the mess, get back in the car and buy another cup of coffee. I couldn't do it. I could not bring myself to get back into that car. I give up! I'm never leaving this apartment again.

No comments: