14 January 2007

Who Dat

Who Dat? Who Dat? Who Dat say they gonna beat dem Saints? Who Dat? Can you believe the Saints are one game away from the Super Bowl? At the beginning of the season I predicted they would win 4 or 5 games max. J said a minimum of 10 games. He has been screaming "Super Bowl" since the first touchdown of the first game. He even has his godson yelling it! I have never been a die hard Saints fan. I would like to blame it on the fact that they never were a winning team and that they would fall apart when it mattered the most. But that's no excuse. I am a die hard Red Sox fan. I stuck by them through thick and thin no matter what. But with the Saints it was different. I think the reason why I am a fair weathered Saints fan is because so many people around me are so passionate about them. If they would win, then it was a good week. If they lost, which was more often then not, then it was a horrible week. I had to hear about it over and over again. It was exhausting! But what I think is so exciting about the Saints winning streak are the fans. All of them. The die hards and the newly die hards. Its a common bond that is bringing everyone together. There is an electricity in the air. It's watching history in the making. I promise you, if the Saints go to the Super Bowl it will be one of the top ten sports stories of all time. Just like my Sox, it's been a long time coming. We are due for the win. I'm booking my flight to Miami. Are you with me?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great work.